Privacy Browser does not have tabbed browsing yet. This is a planned feature for the 3.x series.
Privacy Browser currently uses Android’s built-in WebView to render web pages. As such, it works best when the latest version of WebView is installed. In the 4.x series, Privacy Browser will switch to a forked version of Android’s WebView called Privacy WebView that will allow for advanced privacy features.
Warning: Due to limitations in the OS, Privacy Browser is susceptible to MITM (Man In The Middle) attacks when browsing insecure websites from devices running Android KitKat (version 4.4.x, API 19). More information about this issue is available at http://www.stoutner.com/kitkat-security-problems/.
- Tor Orbot proxy support.
- SSL certificate pinning.
- Full screen browsing mode.
- Night mode.
- Add encrypted import and export options.
- Fix a bug when importing databases under certain circumstances.
- Add an options entry to quickly toggle proxying through Orbot.
- Add an option to download files using an external app.
- Fix the deletion of DOM storage.
- Scroll to the beginning of the URL text box after editing.
- Allow exiting the Bookmarks activity directly from a subfolder.
- Change the app icon back to the old style for older versions of Android.